Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Twitter's IPO

Facebook went public last year and now Twitter is. Facebook's launching of an IPO had a terrible start because of how late Mark Zuckerburg decided to launch it, but hopefully this is not the case for twitter. I think that twitter will be more successful than Facebook was strictly on the fact that I believe its perks and structure is overall better. It is simple and easy to use. It provides easier access for marketing from businesses, and also easy  and quick ways to get news out to the public. Facebook use has died down in the recent years and I think that has some part in its disastrous launch of an IPO. Looking at the price chart for Twitter's stock, it will be interesting to see how it does in the future. Since November 7th it had done fine, but you never know what can happen. These next few weeks will show how much confidence people really have in twitter, and hopefully it is not the same confidence people had with Facebook when it launched.

4 comments:

  1. I don't use Twitter nor do I really like it, but as a Facebook user, I hope that Twitter will not have to go through what Facebook went through. I don't want to agree with you Connor but I'm going to have to. I do believe that Facebook is dropping and Twitter is rising. It is normal for newer social media websites to stretch out in front of the ones in the past and I agree that Twitter has a better structure than Facebook so I'm going to have to accept the facts. I am really interested in what will happen to Twitter in the next few weeks or months and also who is willing to drop their money for Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never fear Facebook fans. Actually, Facebook stock has done well generally since the IPO. It was just the rollout and the relations that were the problem. It's unlikely that it has much to do with the company's fundamentals. Indeed, Twitter is supposedly "overvalued" relative to Facebook--we can talk about what that means tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although currently Twitter is probably the most popular online social network, I believe its appeal is temporary. Twitter's business is purely based on brief, impersonal messages. In my opinion Facebook also has a much stronger staying power simply because of it's size. Unless Twitter can reach an equally vast number of users I think it's popularity will die down and its stock will drop with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with this post. I think Facebook may have tried to launch a little late. Facebook seems to have reach its peak and cannot find anything new to offer. Twitter seems to still be in its growing phase and has room for improvement

    ReplyDelete